GHOST COACH ✩

on Monday, July 25

 last saturday was spent with my sister, doing our best to leave no stone unturned. i was taken aback (a-wayyy-back!) when she told me over brunch - crepes, little brioche buns & pain au chocolat - that she'd like to spend the day in a little town outside seattle doing some antique shopping. as someone who once lived with the girl, and being one whose "olds" were more often than not shunned to the museum that was my bedroom, i considered this a big get. 

she was an awful good sport: picking out medicine bottles, sea glass, and rifling through piles of quilts like the best of 'em. however, the biggest and best treasure we found that day wasn't something i could take home with me... but not for lack of trying. sigh. feast your eyes, friends, on the ghost coach.


 



it was an old art deco train car - the very one i want to inhabit. the motif was in a shockingly bright green that would make kermit blush, and the light fixtures were to die. the little dining area was after my own heart with ornate picture frames on the walls, beautiful orchids, and a zebra skin rug beneath the table. everything inside that little mecca was in tip-top shape - a fact i know because i pushed every button, flipped every switch, and basically caressed every inch of the thing. magically, it was still sitting on a stretch of train track, making my dreams of its former glory even more vivid. 
mine? please?

in the meantime, a gypsy woman is living in it, selling odd bits and a few antiques here and there. she was delightful, letting me ask her all kinds of questions and poke around the huge cab for eons, probably pleased to see a gal jumping out of her saddle shoes with glee over her abode. i envy and salute you, madame. 

 

brunch fare - happy cassie - the bounty back home

i walked away with these fabulous bottles + four more, a 1930s black velvet beret, odd tins and containers, and a pack of candy cigarettes. 
had to. i'm a slave to that chalky goodness.

have we been finding anything good on the thrift front, my pets? whisper to me. i want to know!

5 comments

I found a beatles record + 2 supremes records today for 50 cents a piece! Not much luck on the clothing front though =( Love the glass bottles =)

<3 Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

by Sarah Dee on July 25, 2011 at 7:30 PM. #

oh wow very pretty!

by Anonymous on July 25, 2011 at 7:49 PM. #

aw, quite the finds there, sarah! i love when i find music for just pennies - there's so much enjoyment to come from just one record. when just about any supremes song comes on i simply have to sing along and let my hips do as they will.

thanks very much, miss rose. i wish i could have had the place all to myself... empty. and mine! i'll have to go back sometime and ask to have free roam.
i appreciate you stopping 'round these parts*

by cassiopeia* on July 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM. #

oh, all those olde bottles make my heart flutter. my room is speckled with dozens of them, because i never can seem to leave them behind!

by cara on July 26, 2011 at 3:21 PM. #

i know just what you mean, my dear. i find them oh-so-enchanting, myself. i love that there are so many! whoever thought of keeping these things for a hundred years? i don't know, but i thank them.
i have bottles (lovingly) littered throughout my kitchen, bathroom, on my bedside table, dresser, shelves... all over!

by cassiopeia* on July 29, 2011 at 9:50 PM. #

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩